Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 1 of Conscious Living

I was faced with a pretty incredible challenge last evening that created a great deal of stress and anxiety such that I was not able to sleep more than an hour. I actually had the thought, "Oh no! How am I going to Live Consciously tomorrow when I'm literally going to drop over UNconscious." And yet Providence shone upon me. I drank a big glass of water, I walked the dog a brisk mile, I got the kids to school without screams or curses. Faced further with having to confront last evening's challenge further this evening,  I found inside me, bolstered I know by the songs of Ash Wednesday, a strength to remain calm, to speak from a place of support and to see many sides beside my own. I am indeed very tired now. But I am confident I can chalk Day 1 up to very Conscious.

Here's one of the songs we sang tonight:

No comments: