Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What a day this has been . . . .

Can't even process the series of strange events today. . . . finding it hard to sleep. So the day starts out with me walking the dog very early in the morning so I can crunch the ice off my car. Driver's door is frozen shut so I have to climb over the stickshift from passenger side. Whatever-- I'm used to this.  Kids not ready when I finish walking dog, taking out trash, thawing car, taking shower. I flip a gasket. Again--been there. Blast the kids to school so I can get to a conference up at Far Hills Country Day. Get there. It's cancelled. Apparently an e-mail came to me last night at 11:15--- but I went to bed at 10:15 (I know, that is the piece that's weird and never happens.) Anyway--awesomely I get to see Maedean Kramer at FHCDS for a hug, eat a Cocoluxe Breakfast Pizza and pop in to see my peeps at Purnell. SOOOOO awesome to see everyone even if briefly, but surreal too, like I was just gone on a long vacation or something . . . love me some rolling hills especially in the lovely snow. . . so that was weird, but weird good -- anyway THEN I'm driving back and feeling hungry and I have two chocolate croissants from Cocoluxe I could eat, but I bought them for the kids as a memento (because we used to go there for a treat) and I'm like DO NOT EAT THE CRIOSSANTS-- because I'm feeling bad about the gasket I flipped on the kids this morning --- and so in driving past Cheesequake Rest Stop-- I'm like-- I've got time, I'll grab something to eat and look how cheap that diesel is!! Let me get some of that, too, since my tank is less than 1/4.  So I pull up to the pump that has diesel (and other fuels) -- but there are only two that have diesel and I pull up to the one with the diesel because my car is diesel. And I say "$30 diesel please". And the guy fills up my tank and I pull away and I'm like 500 yards into the rest stop parking lot and ENGINE LIGHT---- DEAD CAR. What the )(@*$@#(*?? I look at the receipt-- HE PUT REGULAR IN MY CAR!!!!!!! This has never ever, ever, ever happened. I'm livid because I know this has effectively busted my car in a big way! AND now I'm not going to make it back to my afternoon classes-- I might not even make it back to pick up my kids!!  So after putting my hazards on and running down to tell the guy who filled my car he's an idiot and him telling me, "don't tell anyone, lady, I'll lose my job" I'm like-- you make this right and I won't tell anyone, dork, and you can't make it right because now I have to get towed, and you know what AAA won't come because I'm the the GSPkway!!!! Gah. So I call 911 and the "Parkway Authority" sends out a tow guy (who is AAA certified, just saying) and I tell him what's what and tow truck guy knows the Sunoco  manager who is very accommodating and sets all straight at least in terms of the "We'll pay for everything, don't you worry" part of things. But he's out for blood and wants to know "who did this." And not that I want to throw anyone under the bus, but this is my Jetta we're talking about and you don't mess with my Jetta-- "It was Dave." "Are you sure? Because the number on your receipt is Mike."  And for a second I start to doubt myself, but I'm like no, Dave handed me my receipt. I will not swear that Dave pushed the button, but he is the one who finished out the thing. So this is a hooked up operation and manager guy pulls up "the video" because he still thinks it's Mike. BUT-- video shows-- it IS Dave! So perhaps Dave KNEW he screwed up and when he punched the receipt he tried to frame Mike? Who knows--- but I don't forget a face-- especially when it's like 5 SECONDS prior!! Geeeeeez. So my little Jetta is at the VW hospital and the guys at Enterprise and I are on first name basis now since I have had rental cars more times in the last five months than EVER.  Oh my. . . .and do you think it ends there??? Um. No. But for the other piece you'll just have to wait and see if I post in my Mommalescence blog-- because that is all teen craziness. . . . This part -- this was, I believe, as my car has done pretty much since I've owned it-- absorbing all the bad vibes and taking a hit for the team. I KID YOU NOT!! Any time something has happened to my car it's been on a day when I flung invectives to the universe-- and then UDA 42R, as I affectionately call her, has conked out. Weird? Perhaps.

No comments: